Crusaders finish second in Greeneville
Greeneville, TN – North Greenville women’s cross country turned in a second place finish on Friday night at the Tusculum Open despite running without one of the team's top runners.
- Finish: 2/6
- Location: Greeneville, Tennessee
- Host: Tusculum College
How it Happened:
- The Crusaders finished with an average time of 21:29.70, just eight seconds behind the first place team Lincoln Memorial.
- Carson Newman earned a third place finish while race host Tusculum finished fourth.
- Johnson University finished fifth while Maryville rounded out the finishers in sixth.
- The Crusaders were paced by Hailey Willingham who clocked in at 21:02, good enough for fifth, NGU’s only top five finish.
- Hope Whisman was the next best qualifier for North Greenville in seventh place, with a time of 21:09.
- Victoria Davies and Cori Small finished in 11th and 15th while Jadyn Slaughter clocked in, in the 18th position.
Quote from the Coach:
- "I am extremely pleased with our performance today. We actually treated this race as a workout. So for us to finish as well as we did considering we weren't racing from the gun is very encouraging. Not to mention Kaleigh Roach and Trey Stewart didn't race today. Both of which are scorers for us. Taking all of that into consideration, I was extremely proud of how they ran today. This is a great group of young men and women. They had a solid summer of training, and have looked great so far this semester. They are bought in, focused, and motivated. I'm excited about this group and this season."
Next Time Out:
- The Crusaders will take the short trip down Highway 25 to run in the Furman Invitational on September 9th.