NGU spoils Southern Wesleyan senior night with season capping win
Central, S.C. – North Greenville wrapped up the 2018 regular season with a ___ win over Southern Wesleyan College on the Warriors’ senior night.
- Score: NGU – 81 / SWU – 71
- Records: North Greenville 7 – 20 (6 – 14) / Southern Wesleyan 6 – 20 (5 – 15)
- Location: Central, South Carolina (Southern Wesleyan University)
How it Happened
- The Crusaders and Warriors battled closely in the first quarter but North Greenville gained the edge by the end of the period when Ayano Shelton put the team up by three with 2:44 left on the first-period clock. North Greenville would never trail again.
- North Greenville’s biggest lead came in the third quarter when Cameron Carter knocked down a three-pointer with 13-seconds left on the clock.
- The Warriors inched closer though in the fourth quarter and cut the deficit to eight points a couple times in the fourth quarter but the Crusaders responded each time.
- Cameron Carter cut the SWU down with a three-pointer to re-extend the lead to 11 points and did it once more less than a minute later to make it 75-64.
- The Warriors made it 79-71 later on in the game but Tyana Saunders put the game on ice with a pair of free throws for her 17-points.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Cameron Carter led the Crusaders in her final game with 24-points and was eight of 12 from three-point range.
- Bree Stoddard finished with 14-points while Karen Donehew finished with 11.
- The Crusaders shot 47.5-percent from the field during Friday night’s win.
Inside the Southern Wesleyan Box Score
- The Warriors were led by Tatiayana Mahone who finished the night with 21-points.
- Jessica Sparks tacked on 15-points while Aneysa Williams had 13.