North Greenville defeated by Emmanuel
Franklin Springs, GA—North Greenville women’s basketball fell to Emmanuel Colleg on Tuesday night 75 – 64.
- Score: NGU – 64 / EC – 75
- Records: North Greenville 6 – 20 (5 – 14) / Emmanuel College 15 – 9 (10 – 8)
- Location: Emmanuel College (Franklin Springs, Georgia)
How it Happened
- North Greenville shot 37.9-percent as a team on Tuesday night but was able to limit its turnovers to just 10 for the game.
- The Lions shot 43.3-percent from the field but got some help, converting each of NGU’s 10 turnovers into points.
- The game was close in the first quarter but the Lions pulled ahead in the second, jumping out to a 12-point edge with 6:25 left in the first half.
- The Lions extended the lead to 13-points in the third quarter, the largest of the game for either team.
- North Greenville cut the deficit to four at the end of the third and later to two in the fourth when Khara Herring scored on the block to make it 55-53 with 9:46 left.
- Emmanuel was able to fend off NGU’s comeback, fighting back to score the next four points and extend its lead to six points.
- Cameron Carter knocked it back down to two points at 4:16 with a lay-up but the Lions 9-2 run would be all the home team needed to earn its second win of the year over NGU.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Karen Donehew was the only player in double-figures for the Crusaders with 19-points. She paired her scoring with 10-rebounds for a double-double.
- Ayano Shelton and Kathleen Rodgers both finished with eight points.
Inside the Emmanuel Box Score
- Taylor Delasbour had 21-points to lead the Lions while Mikayla Trombley had 16-points.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will wrap up the 2018 regular season Friday night against Southern Wesleyan College at 5:30 pm in Central, South Carolina.