North Greenville falls to Erskine in Conference Carolinas tilt
Due West, S.C. – North Greenville women’s basketball fell to Erskine College on Saturday afternoon by a score of 74 – 67.
- Score: NGU – 67 / EC – 74
- Records: North Greenville 6 – 19 (5 – 13) / Erskine College 5 – 19 (4 – 14)
- Location: Due West, South Carolina (Erskine College)
How it Happened
- The Crusaders led by as many as nine points in the first quarter and throughout the second but the Fleet pulled to within five as North Greenville led 35 – 30 at intermission.
- North Greenville came out strong in the second half and extended the lead to 13-points on a Karen Donehew three ball.
- The Fleet continued to chip away at North Greenville’s lead though, eventually whittling it down to just six at the end of the third.
- Erskine pulled to within one point with just over six minutes left but Cameron Carter knocked down one of her two three pointers to make it 58 – 54 with 6:41 left.
- The Fleet made their move two minutes later, scoring 12 unanswered to take a 67 – 60 edge.
- Another Carter three pointer made it 67 – 63 in favor of Erskine with 2:01 left. Kathleen Rodgers made it 70 – 65 a few seconds later with a lay-up but the Crusaders came up short on their next two possessions, failing to capitalize on a pair of empty possessions for the Fleet.
- Rodgers added one more score for North Greenville with 25-seconds left to cut the lead back to five points but Erskine sealed the win with a pair of free throws.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Karen Donehew continues to be NGU’s scoring leader, knocking down 17-points with game highs in assists with seven and rebounds with nine.
- Bree Stoddard stepped up her game scoring 16-points and was four-of-nine from three-point range.
- Kathleen Rodgers finished with 10-points to round out NGU’s double-digit scorers.
- The Crusaders shot 40.7-percent from the field and 42.9-percent from deep.
Inside the Erskine Box Score
- Megan Davis led all scorers with 26-points on four-of-eleven shooting while Dareisha Sowell scored 24-points.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders inch closer to the end with a trip to Franklin Springs Georgia on February 20th for a 5:30 pm tipoff with the Emmanuel Lions.