North Greenville upended by Lees-McRae
Banner Elk, N.C. - North Greenville women's basketball fell to Lees-McRae 82-69 in Conference Carolinas weekend action.
- Score: NGU - 69 / LMC - 82
- Records: North Greenville 5 - 17 (4 - 11) / Lees-McRae 8 - 14 (5 - 11)
- Location: Lees-McRae College (Williams Gymnasium)
How it Happened
- North Greenville shot 40-percent from the field while the Bobcats were just a bit better, knocking down 43-percent of their shots.
- Neither team took care of the ball as NGU turned it over 19-times which led to 20-points for Lees-McRae while the Bobcats turned it over 18-times for 18-points for North Greenville.
- The Crusaders led after one quarter but Lees-McRae stormed back in the second to gain the advantage, outscoring NGU 22-10 in the frame.
- The Bobcats kept the pressure on North Greenville with another strong second quarter as the Crusaders found themselves down 17-points heading to the fourth.
- The Bobcats led by as many as 22-points, a lead which came with 3:10 left in the game. The Crusaders ran out of fire power in the end as the Bobcats earned their second win over NGU this season.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Karen Donehew led the Crusaders with 22-points to go along with four assists.
- Kathleen Rodgers was next for the Crusaders with 13-points.
Inside the Lees-McRae Box Score
- Taylor Fluette led the Bobcats with 18-points while Grace Canella had 10-points.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders host Belmont Abbey in a Valentines Day meeting of the Crusaders. Tipoff is scheduled for 5:30 pm.