Tigerville, S.C. -- A late comeback attempt by North Greenville fell short on Tuesday night as King escaped with a 91-85 victory over the Crusaders.
- Score: NGU - 85 / King - 91
- Records: NGU 5 - 17 (4 - 11) / King 12 - 10 (9 - 6)
- Location: North Greenville University (Hayes Gymnasium)
How it Happened
- The Crusaders led 43-39 at intermission but King opened up the second half on a 10-2 run to take a 49-45 lead.
- The Tornado would lead by as many as 15-points in the second half, that advantage coming at the 4:49 mark of the fourth quarter.
- North Greenville turned up the defense in the final five minutes of the game, causing five King turnovers.
- A Bailey BreaBreazeale jumper would spark a North Greenville Rally which ended two minutes later when Kathleen Rodgers knocked down a three-pointer to cut King's lead to just five points (86-81).
- Savannah Hughes would cut the lead down even further with 1:12 left in the game, picking up a loose ball and taking it to the basket to make it 89-85.
- North Greenville had a chance to cut it to two with one minute left but an errant pass landed in the hands of a King defender which lead to a basket.
- The Crusaders had one more possession but came up short as the Tornado grabbed a rebound off of a Rodgers three-pointer and ran the clock out.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Karen Donehew led the team with 18-points and a season-high six assists.
- Cameron Carter finished the night with 15-points while Bree Stoddard scored 14 and had a team-high seven rebounds.
- Kathleen Rodgers had 11-points and was three-of-eight from three-point range.
Inside the King Box Score
- Kori West finished with 27-points and a game-high 19-rebounds for a double-double.
- Ali Golden had 20-points while Kristen Couples finished with 11-points.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will travel to Lees-McRae, North Carolina to take on the Bobcats at 2:00 pm.