Spartanburg, S.C. – North Greenville fell to 3-9 in Conference Carolinas play on Saturday after a 90-71 loss to Converse College.
- Score: NGU – 71 / Converse – 90
- Record: NGU – 4 – 15 (3 – 9) / Converse 8 – 12 (4 – 8)
- Location: Hannah Gym (Converse College)
How it Happened
- The Crusaders gained the edge out of the gate and led until the midway point of the period. Converse ended the quarter with the 28-24 lead.
- The Crusaders shot better on Saturday night, hitting 44.8-percent of their shots in the first half but the Valkyries were on fire, knocking down an impressive 58-percent of their takes.
- Converse carried a 31-34 edge into intermission.
- Converse’s offense cooled off greatly in the second half and NGU took advantage, going on an 11-3 run to cut the edge to just four points on a Cameron Carter jumper as the third-period buzzer sounded.
- The Valkyries answered with a run of their own to open up the fourth to extend the advantage to 69-58 with 7:50 left.
- In the end, the Crusaders were their own worst enemies, committing 23-turnovers which led to 31, Converse points.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Karen Donehew once again proved why she is one of the top scorers in the league, scoring 17-points while collecting five rebounds.
- Cameron Carter was inserted into the starting line-up on Saturday and came through with 16-points.
- Bree Stoddard scored her second double-double of the season with 13-points and a team-high 10-rebounds.
Inside the Converse Box Score
- Abigail Lewis finished the night with 27-points to lead all scorers. She also had nine rebounds to lead the Valkyries.
- Brianna James finished with 16-points and eight rebounds.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders return home after three games on the road to host Emmanuel College at 5:30 on the last day of January.