Gaffney, S.C. – North Greenville women suffered a road loss to Limestone College 82-57 on Friday night in Conference Carolinas play.
- Score: NGU – 57 / Limestone – 82
- Records: NGU 4 – 14 (3 – 8 ) / Limestone 16-3 (11 – 1 )
- Location: Timken Center (Limestone College)
How it Happened
- Limestone shot just two percentage points higher than the Crusaders who finished the night shooting 33-percent from the field.
- The tipping point of Friday’s Conference Carolinas contest was points off of turnovers. The Saints scored 29-points off of 16 NGU miscues while the Crusaders scored just four points off of eight Limestone turnovers.
- North Greenville trailed by just four points after the first quarter but the deficit ballooned to 13 after the first half.
- The league-leading Limestone Saints kept up the pressure, building a lead of as many as 25-points in the fourth quarter.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Savannah Hughes led North Greenville with 11-points and was two-of-three from three-point range.
- Karen Donehew finished with 10-points and tied for the team-high in rebounds with eight.
- Cameron Carter knocked in 10-points as well while Bailey Breazeale had nine points. Both coming off of the bench.
Inside the Limestone Box Score
- Keidra Smith led all players with 29-points and a game-high 15-rebounds.
- Aliya Ruffin finished with 18-points.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders have a quick turn-around as they travel to Spartanburg on Saturday afternoon to take on Converse College at 4 pm.