Wilson, N.C. – Cameron Carter led with 17-points off the bench while Karen Donehew added another 15-points in an 82-63 loss to Barton College.
- Score: NGU – 63 / Barton – 82
- Records: NGU 4 – 13 (3 – 7 ) / Barton 14 – 5 (9 – 2)
- Location: Barton College (Wilson, North Carolina)
How it Happened
- North Greenville led briefly in the first quarter but Barton quickly overcame the Crusaders and led by 14-points heading into intermission.
- The Crusaders battled back and cut the lead to eight points and eventually six points in the third quarter on a lay-up from Bailey Breazle.
- Natalie Averett later trimmed the lead to just three points on a lay-up that made it 59-46, the closest the game had been since early in the first quarter.
- The Bulldogs proved too much in the fourth quarter though, thwarting a North Greenville comeback, outscoring the Crusaders 33-17 in the final 11-minutes of the game.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Bailey Breazeale was the only other double-digit scorer for the Crusaders with 10-points.
- The Crusaders shot 31-percent from the field but turned the ball over 26-times as a team, leading to 18-points for Barton.
Inside the Barton Box Score
- Alex Kimble led all scorers with 22-points on the night.
- Karimah Dean tacked on 21-points off the bench while Kianna Wynn added 13-points and Dinah Neal tacked on 10.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will take on Limestone College at 5:30 pm on January 26th.