Tigerville, S.C. – Four players scored in double-figures for North Greenville in a gritty 84-70 win over Mount Olive on Monday afternoon in Hayes Gymnasium.
- Score: NGU – 80 / UMO – 70
- Records: NGU 4 – 12 (3 – 6) / UMO 6 – 11 (4 – 5)
- Location: North Greenville University (Tigerville, South Carolina)
How it Happened
- The Trojans took a 14-point lead with 7:57 left in the first half on a jumper from Hope Toliver. It was two of just five points scored by the Trojans in the final seven minutes of the second period.
- North Greenville responded with a 24-3 run to gain a seven-point, 37-30 edge before intermission.
- Elizabeth Trentham got the action started with a jumper while Bailey Breazeal added two more on NGU’s next trip down the floor.
- Cameron Carter also got in on the scoring with a three-pointer and a pair of old fashion three-point plays to put the Crusaders up 35-30. Breazeale finished off the half with a pair of free throws.
- The run continued into the second half, adding up to a 34-8 burst. The Crusaders led by as many as 21-points during the second half, a lead which came at the 9:34 mark of the fourth on another three-pointer from Cameron Carter.
- Mount Olive cut the lead to 13-points a few times in the fourth quarter but the Crusaders never lacked an answer, responding with scores on the offensive end of the court each time.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Cameron Carter led North Greenville in scoring with 21-points and was three of 10 from three-point range coming off the bench for the Crusaders.
- Karen Donehew finished the day with 16-points and eight rebounds while Elizabeth Trentham turned in 14-points, a season-high for the junior.
- Bailey Breazeale finished with 12-points and 10-rebounds. The 10-rebounds were a career high for the freshman, helping her to her first career double-double.
- North Greenville dominate the Trojans in the paint, scoring 46-points compared to just 18 for Mount Olive.
- The Crusaders also outscored the Trojans in bench points (37-20) and points off of turnovers (23-12).
Inside the Mount Olive Box Score
- The Trojans had two players with 21-points including Ni’Ya Styles and Felecity Havens.
- Tommarah Harris finished with 10-points. The Trojans shot just 33.3-percent for the game.
- Monday’s victory over the Trojans is the first win over Mount Olive since the 2014-2015 season.
- The 14-point victory is the largest margin of victory for the Crusaders this season, while also holding the Trojans to five points under their season average.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will have a week off before traveling to Wilson, North Carolina to take on Barton College at 5:30-pm.