Tigerville, S.C. – North Greenville pulled to within two possessions late in Saturday’s contest against Barton but was unable to capitalize on opportunities down the stretch in a 73-67 loss.
- Score: NGU – 67 / Barton – 73
- Records: North Greenville 3 – 12 (2 – 6) / Barton 11 – 5 (6 – 2)
- Location: Hayes Gymnasium (Tigerville, South Carolina )
How it Happened
- The Bulldogs led by as many as 17-points over the Crusaders, a lead which came at the 7:29 mark of the fourth period.
- Barton built up a double-digit lead in the first half as well, taking a 37-23 edge on a lay-up from Shanika Peterkin with 4:26 left.
- The Crusaders cut the deficit to eight points on a lay-up from Kylie Schmitt but the Bulldogs ended the half with a three from Tatyana Jackson to take a 44-33 lead at the half.
- An 11-3 run midway through the third quarter cut the once 11-point Barton lead to three. Four different players got in on the scoring action including Bree Stoddard who started the run with a lay-up and Cameron Carter who knocked down a three-pointer and a pair of free throws to make it 51-54.
- The Bulldog’s 17-point lead was also whittled down but North Greenville late in the fourth quarter when Cameron Carter knocked down a jumper with 1:54 left to cut it to six.
- The lead stood though as North Greenville was unable to score again in the final minute of play.
Inside The North Greenville Box Score
- Cameron Carter led all scorers with 25-points, going five of 10 from three-point range. She also had a team-high three steals on the defensive end.
- Karen Donehew finished the afternoon with 14-points and a team-high eight rebounds.
- Bree Stoddard finished with seven points and seven rebounds.
- North Greenville shot 37.9-percent as a team and 45-percent from deep.
Inside the Barton Box Score
- Barton finished with four players in double-figures including Alex Kimble who had 18-points and 10-rebounds for the game’s only double-double.
- Kianna Wynn finished with 12-points while Tatyana Jackson had 11. Shanika Peterkin had 10-points respectively.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will host Mount Olive College on Monday afternoon at 2 pm.