Tigerville, S.C. – North Greenville fell to 2-4 in Conference Carolinas play on Saturday following an 88-68 loss to Limestone College.
- Score: NGU – 68 / Limestone – 88
- Records: North Greenville 3 – 10 (2 – 4) / Limestone 11 – 3 (6 – 1)
- Location: Tigerville, South Carolina (Hayes Gymnasium)
How it Happened
- Turnovers and points off of turnovers were nearly equal as both teams scored 23-points off of opposing miscues. The Crusaders finished the night with 18 while the Saints had 14-turnovers respectively.
- The difference in Friday’s came on the offensive side of the ball as Limestone shot 47-percent compared to just 35-percent for North Greenville. The Saints were also solid from three-point range, shooting 41-percent while North Greenville finished at 38-percent for the night.
- The Crusaders led briefly in the opening minutes of the game but the lead was quickly erased as the Saints jumped out to a 14-point lead.
- North Greenville chipped away, whittling the deficit down to eight points on a pair of Bree Stoddard free-throws.
- The Saints finished the quarter with a lay-up by Aleyah Chivers to take a 36-26 lead into intermission.
- The Crusaders came out in the second half and trimmed the lead to six points, the closest spread since it was 22-17 with 8:16 left in the second quarter.
- Savannah Hughes and Ayano Shelton hit back-to-back three-pointers in the opening minutes of the third period to make it 40-32.
- Limestone regained an 11-point lead on a three-pointer on the ensuing possession but Karen Donehew scored the next five to cut it to 45-39 with 4:30 left.
- The Saints answered with a 17-5 run that spanned four minutes to regain an edge at 62-44.
- The Crusaders trimmed the lead to 13-points twice in the final period, once on a three-pointer from Donehew and once again on a jumper from Bree Stoddard which made it 64-51 with 8:44 left in the game.
- The Saints answered each time though as NGU was unable to pull any closer.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Bree Stoddard led North Greenville with 17-points on six of 11 shooting. Stoddard also hit two threes and was perfect from the three-point line.
- Karen Donehew led North Greenville in rebounding with 11-boards on the night. She also finished with 12-points for a double-double.
- Savannah Hughes was also in double-figures with 12-points.
Inside the Limestone Box Score
- Jasmine Richardson finished with 29-points to lead all scorers.
- Aleyah Chivers scored 17-points for the Saints while Taylor Hunter finished with 12-points.
- Keidra Smith had 10-points and 12-rebounds for Limestone’s only double-double. Aaliyah Davis also finished with 10-points.
- The 17-points from Bree Stoddard is a new career high, besting her previous high of 13 by four points.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will host Southern Wesleyan on January 10th at 5:30 pm.