North Greenville falls to Tusculum in non-conference tilt
Greeneville, S.C. – North Greenville was left searching for its first win of the season on Friday night after an 83-59 loss to Tusculum College.
- Score: NGU – 59 / Tusculum – 83
- Location: Tusculum College (Greeneville, Tennessee)
- Records North Greenville 0-3 / Tusculum 4-0
How it Happened
- Tusculum jumped out to a 22-7 lead after one quarter of play.
- North Greenville’s deficit eventually ballooned to 35-points, as the Pioneers knocked down a three pointer with eight seconds left in the second quarter to take a 48-13 lead.
- The Crusaders looked to make a run in the second half but a tough night shooting and turnovers plagued NGU.
- North Greenville shot just 39.7% and hit just three of 14 attempts from three-point range while the Pioneers shot 42-percent and 36-percent from three-point range.
- NGU had the upper hand in the paint outscoring the Pioneers 36-30 but scored 24-points off of 25, North Greenville turnovers.
- Tusculum also capitalized on fast break attempts with 20 on the night to go along with 39 bench points. North Greenville’s bench players scored just 10-points.
The Good Guys
- Karen Donehew continued her strong start, leading all scorers on Friday night with 25-points and a game high 11-rebounds.
- Tyana Sanders was the only other NGU player in double-figures with 12-points as well as four steals on defense.
The Other Team
- Yolizma Cupidan led the Pioneers with 18-points while Kasey Johnson added 12-points.
- Callie Patterson and Sydney Wilson led all bench players with 16 and 15-points respectively.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will open Conference Carolinas play on Tuesday night when Erskine College comes to Tigerville.