Florence, S.C. – Kathleen Rodgers scored a career-high 16-points on Saturday but NGU struggled to get the offense going for the second night in a row as the Francis Marion Patriots earned an 80-65 win over NGU.
- Score: NGU – 65 / FMU – 80
- Location: Francis Marion University (Florence, South Carolina)
- Records: North Greenville 0 – 2 / Francis Marion 2 – 0
How it Happened
- The Patriots took a 25-15 lead after the first period. NGU led early in the quarter when Kathleen Rodgers scored her first collegiate three-pointer to make it 9-6.
- The Crusaders kept it close FMU pulled away late in the second quarter, taking a 45-26 lead at intermission.
- North Greenville battled back to cut the deficit to just eight points. Back to back threes from Kylie Schmidt and Rodgers would make the score 52-44 with 3:46 left in the third quarter.
- The Patriots answered NGU’s run with one of their own, outscoring NGU 10-3 down the stretch to extend the lead to 62-47.
- North Greenville’s offensive struggles proved too much to overcome. The Crusaders shot 39.3-percent as a team while the Patriots shot slightly better at a 41-percent clip.
The Good Guys
- Karen Donehew matched Rodgers’ in scoring with16-points of her own with five assists and five rebounds.
- Baily Breazeale finished with eight points while Savannah Hughes led the team with six rebounds.
The Other Team
- Shaunice Fulmore led all scorers with 29-points on the night and seven rebounds.
- Briana Burgins finished the night with 13-points and 12-rebounds for the game’s only double-double while Khai Chandler tacked on 24-points.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will travel to Tusculum on November 17th for a 6 pm tipoff.