Willis Holliday era begins as NGU opens season against North Georgia
Tigerville, S.C.—Willis Holliday’s tenure as NGU head basketball coach will officially begin on Friday night as the Crusaders take on North Georgia at 7:30 pm.
The Starting Five
- The Crusaders will take park in the Conference Carolinas vs. Peach Belt Challenge for the fourth time this weekend.
- North Greenville is looking for its first win of the challenge, a competitive non-conference showdown which began during the 2014-season.
- The Crusaders bring back several familiar faces on this year’s team including leading scorer Karen Donehew who had 444-points last season.
- Senior point guard Cameron Carter also returns for her final lap. Carter was second on the team in scoring last season with 362-points.
- North Greenville enters Friday’s game with a pair of tune-ups in the prior week, taking on Clemson as well as Columbia International.
Coach Willis Holliday
- Friday night marks the official beginning of the Willis Holliday era at North Greenville University. Holliday was the assistant head coach last season but officially took over the program after the retirement of long time head coach Jayne Arledge at the conclusion of last season.
- North Greenville will wrap up challenge play on Saturday afternoon against host Francis Marion at 7:30 pm.
How to Follow