Coffrin's complete game shutout carries NGU to finals
Burlington – North Greenville softball is one win away from a second consecutive Conference Carolinas title after toppling King on Saturday to advance to the championship round.
- Score: Crusaders – 2 / Tornado – 0
- Records: North Greenville 32 – 13 / Belmont Abbey 31 – 20
- Location: Springwood Park (Burlington, North Carolina)
How it Happened
- Amanda Coffrin tossed another complete game shutout, her second of the tournament to lead the Crusaders to their fourth championship round since joining the league in 2011.
- Jaelin Griffin delivered the game’s first run in the second inning as Taylor Koon came across to score on a sacrifice fly.
- Brooke Wade also scored on a sacrifice fly in the home half of the third as Ashton Withers delivered a sac fly to center field to make it 2 – 0 in favor of the Crusaders.
- Pitching and defense would rule the final four frames. Coffrin held the Tornado to just one hit in the final half of the game along with NGU.
- Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- The Crusaders finished with five hits led Brooke Wade who was 1 for 1 with a run scored.
- Taylor Koon was 1 for 3 with a run scored for the Crusaders while Kate Lee was 1 for 2 along with Hannah Gravely who was 1 for 3.
- Amanda Coffrin improved to 21 – 4 on the season as the starter and tossed her 11th shutout of the season. She finished with five strikeouts and allowed just four hits.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will take on the winner of game 11 which will be played later today. NGU will either play Limestone, Mount Olive, or King in the finals.