Milledgeville, GA – North Greenville staved off a late rally in game one while rallying late in game two to earn an 8 – 7 / 5 – 3 sweep of Georgia College of the Peach Belt Conference.
- Game One Score: NGU – 8 / GC – 7
- Game Two Score: NGU – 5 / GC – 3
- Records: North Greenville 6 – 2 / Georgia College 4 – 4
- Location: Milledgeville, Georgia (Peeler Complex)
How it Happened (Game One)
- The Crusaders once again put together a big second inning, scoring six runs on five hits, all of which came with two outs.
- Kate Lee got North Greenville on the board with a solo home run, breaking a scoreless tie.
- North Greenville then got some help from Georgia’s defense, scoring a pair of runs on a GC throwing miscue. Grace DeBoer and Jaelin Griffin came around to score on the error to extend the lead to 3-0.
- Brooklyn Stone tacked on an RBI on NGU’s next at bat while Celsea Rivers delivered the big hit, an RBI single that brought around Stone and Brooke Wade to extend it to six.
- The Crusaders scored one more run in the fourth inning while Ashton Withers added to the lead with an RBI in the sixth to extend it to 8-0.
- Georgia College’s offense would come alive in the sixth inning as the Bearcats scored four runs on five hits to cut NGU’s lead to just three after scoring a solo run in the inning prior.
- The Bearcats inched even closer in the home half of the final inning, cashing in with runners on base when Amber Coy scored a pair with a single. The Crusaders would wiggle out of trouble though as Amanda Coffrin retired the final batter of the game.
Inside the Game One Box Score
- Jaelin Griffin was 2 – 4 with a run scored while Celsea Rivers finished one hit in three appearances and a pair of RBI.
- Brooklyn Stone finished game one going 1 – 3 with two runs scored and an RBI while Kate Lee finished with a homer in her 1 – 3 showing.
- Amanda Coffrin got the win in game one.
- Amber Coy led all players with a 3 – 5 showing with a game high six RBI and a run. Sarah Couch was 2 – 3 with two runs scored.
Game Two Box Score
- North Greenville led 2-1 after three innings after Brooke Wade came around to score while Ashton Withers singled in the second run of the game in the third inning.
- A single run in the second and a pair in the fourth inning would earn the Bearcats a one run, 3-2 lead as the game headed into the final three frames.
- Brooklyn Stone evened the score at three with one swing in the fifth inning, powering a solo homer down the left field line to make it 3-3.
- Stone would come up big again in the sixth inning, dropping in a right field single that scored Grace DeBoer and Hannah Gravely to give NGU a 5-3 edge.
- The two run lead would stick as Mackenzie Dyson shut the door on the Bearcats as they stranded one runner in the seventh inning and a pair of runners in the sixth.
Inside the Game Two Box Score
- Brooklyn Stone turned in a career high in game two, with a pair of hits and three runs batted in.
- Ashton Withers also had an RBI and was 1 – 3 from the dish in the second game. Four others had a hit for North Greenville.
- Jaelin Griffin started in the circle for NGU and pitched 3.2 innings and allowed two earned runs on five hits. MacKenzie Dyson got her second win of the season after coming in, in relief going 3.1 innings allowing just two hits.
- Caroline Snider led the way for the Bearcats, going 3 – 4 with a run scored. Haley Howell had a pair of RBI for Georgia College.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will welcome Young Harris College to Tigerville on Saturday for a double-header starting at 1 pm.