Tigerville, S.C. – North Greenville fell in straight sets (18 – 25 / 20 – 25 / 17 – 25) to league-leading King University on Tuesday night in Tigerville.
- Score: Crusaders – 0 / Tornado – 3
- Records: North Greenville 11 – 14 (5 – 8) / King 16 – 5 (12 – 1)
- Location: Hayes Gymnasium (Tigerville, South Carolina)
How it Happened
- The Crusaders fell behind 2 – 0 after struggling offensively in the first two frames, much ado to a stubborn front line for King.
- The Tornado finished with seven blocks in the opening two sets and hit .367 in the second frame while North Greenville hit it at a .259 clip.
- North Greenville struggled at the service line, giving the Tornado 14 free points on service errors.
- The Tornado jumped out to a big lead in the third frame as the Crusaders fell behind 18 – 12 after an attack error.
- The Crusaders clawed their way back to within four points though, scoring three of the next four including a pair of kills from Matthew McManaway which cut the lead to 19 – 15.
- King scored the next four points though to put North Greenville in 24 – 15 hole. Jackson Gilbert would tack on a pair of service aces but the Tornado wrapped up the win on the next serve with a kill from Jeff Sprayberry.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- The Crusaders hit just .013 as a team. Matthew McManaway led the team with eight kills.
- Jackson Gilbert provided an offensive boost with five service aces while Jake Boldog had 19 assists.
- Dustin King led NGU’s defense with 10 – digs to go along with three assisted blocks from Gilbert.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders take on Lees-McRae College at 7 pm on April 4th in Banner Elk, North Carolina.