Wilson, N.C. – Aaron Campbell dished out 10-kills on Friday night but it wasn’t enough to lift North Greenville over Barton who earned a 3 – 0 (20 – 25 / 18 – 25 / 22 – 25) win over the Crusaders.
- Score: Crusaders – 0 / Bulldogs – 3
- Records: North Greenville 11 – 12 (5 – 6) / Barton College 16 – 6 (12 – 0)
- Location: Wilson, North Carolina (Barton College)
How it Happened
- The Bulldogs were more consistent than North Greenville on offense on Friday night, averaging a .394 hitting percentage per set while the Crusaders hit just .262.
- North Greenville struggled to get it going in the opening frame, finishing with just 11 – kills with seven errors.
- The Bulldogs answered with 14 – kills but took advantage of seven NGU attack errors.
- North Greenville led early in the second and third sets but was unable to pull away from the Bulldogs.
- The Crusaders had their best hitting performance of the night in the second frame but it was matched by Barton who also had its best.
- North Greenville tried to bounce back late in the third frame when a kill from Matthew McManaway pulled NGU to within 19 – 21.
- The Crusaders hung around in the final points, answering points from the Bulldogs with a Barton error and a Hamsho kill but the Bulldogs finished off the Crusader with consecutive kills to end the suspense.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Campbell led the team on offense but had five digs to go along with the team high in kills.
- McManaway finished with eight spikes while Jake Boldog dished out 30 assists.
- Dustin King led the Crusaders with 10-digs
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders travel up the road to Mount Olive to take on the Trojans at 2 pm on Saturday afternoon.