Tigerville, S.C. – North Greenville men’s volleyball secured a series sweep of Queens University on Friday night with a 3 – 2 (21 – 25 / 25 – 21 / 26 – 24 / 23 – 25 / 15 – 9) victory over the Royals.
- Score: Crusaders – 3 / Royals – 2
- Records: North Greenville 10 – 11 / Queens 4 – 16
- Location: Queens University (Charlotte, North Carolina)
How it Happened
- Friday night was the second time this season the Crusaders used five sets to down the Royals.
- Queens took the first set after North Greenville struggled offensively, knocking down just five kills with eight errors.
- The Crusaders rebounded in a big way in set two, hitting .382 as a team with 16 kills compared to just three miscues.
- The strong offensive showing was needed as NGU had to come from behind. The Royals led by as many as three but Aaron Campbell evened it up at 12 – 12. NGU scored six of the next nine to put the Royals in an 18 – 15 hole.
- Campbell came through again late to smash a kill to make it 24 – 21 before a Queens error evened it at 1 – 1.
- North Greenville needed a few extra serves in the third set to take a 2 – 1 lead before the Royals pulled even at 2 – 2 with a win in the fourth.
- The Crusaders came out firing in the fifth set but also got some help from Queens with some miscues on offense.
- Kyle Brandt inched NGU closer with a kill to make it 13 – 6 followed by a Matthew McManway kill that made it match up for North Greenville.
- The Royals scored three straight to cut the North Greenville lead to just four but McManaway came through with the final point of the night to earn the Crusaders the non-conference win.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Aaron Campbell led the way with game-high 16 kills. Matthew Mcmanaway added three service aces.
- Grayson Lawrence led all players with 42-assists while also collecting a team-high in digs with 12.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders travel to Franklin Springs to take on Emmanuel College at 7 pm in a Conference Carolinas match-up.