TIGERVILLE, S.C. - North Greenville Men's Volleyball defeated Lincoln Memorial in straight sets in a Saturday night non-conference match-up (25-16, 25-19, 25-21).
- Score: North Greenville – 3 / Lincoln Memorial- 0
- Records: NGU 7-8 / LMU - 6-5
- Location: Tigerville, S.C. (Hayes Gymnasium)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Two aces by Matthew McManaway gave North Greenville an early lead going up 7-2 before Lincoln Memorial called their first timeout of the set. The Crusaders would go on a 3-0 run to take a 14-7 lead. Lead by tough serving from Ben Hamsho, NGU went on a 4-0 run to take a 20-13 lead. North Greenville took the final four points of the set to take a 25-16 victory in set one over Lincoln Memorial.
North Greenville carried their first set victory momentum into the second set taking an 8-4 lead. The Railsplitters went on a 6-1 run to tie it up at 13, but the Crusaders went on their own run to take a 17-13 lead. NGU ended the match in a 5-1 run to take a 25-19 set win.
The first few points of the third set saw five tied scores before NGU went on a 2-0 run to take a 9-7 lead. LMU would go on a 3-0 run later in the set to cut into NGU's lead 17-15. A kill by Matthew McManaway gave North Greenville a 25-21 set win and match victory.
INSIDE THE NGU BOX SCORE
- Kills: McManaway (10), Campbell (7)
- Assists: Boldog (25)
- Digs: Boldog (3), Gilbert (3)
- Blocks: Campbell (5), McManaway (5)
INSIDE THE LMU BOX SCORE
- Kills: Cory (8)
- Assists: Risavy (19)
- Digs: Risavy (2), Cory (2), Molina (2)
NEXT TIME OUT
- North Greenville travels to Belmont Abbey on Wednesday, February 21st. Frist serve in the battle of the Crusaders is set for 7:00 PM.