BRISTOL, TN - The Crusaders fell to the Tornadoes in three sets in a Tuesday night Conference Carolinas action (12-25, 20-25, 13-25).
- Score: North Greenville – 0 / King - 3
- Records: NGU 5-8, 2-4 CC / KU - 8-2, 5-0 CC
- Location: Bristol, Tennesse (Student Center)
HOW IT HAPPENED
King started off the set on a 3-6 run. A kill by Matthew McManway brought the Crusaders to within two, 7-9 before the Tornadoes went on a 9-2 run to take an 18-9 lead. King then went on a 6-0 run to take a 25-12 victory.
KU carried their momentum into the second set, starting off with a 6-1 lead. The Crusaders, led by a pair of kills by Deon Vidal, were able to cut into the lead making the score 9-11. King would once again go on a late set run, taking the final three points of the set and getting a 25-20 set win.
The Tornadoes once again started the set on a big run, taking a 13-2 lead. A block by Brandon Baker and Ben Hamsho brought the score to 21-10. A kill by Jeff Sprayberry gave King the final point of the match and a 25-13 set win.
INSIDE THE NGU BOX SCORE
- Kills: Gilbert (6), Hamsho (4), McManaway (4)
- Assists: Boldog (16)
- Digs: King (13), Boldog (7)
- Blocks: Baker (2), Hamsho (2)
INSIDE THE KU BOX SCORE
- Kills: Sprayberry (12), Bell (6)
- Assists: Drooker (25)
- Digs: Bell (8)
- Blocks: Wheaton (7)
NEXT TIME OUT
- North Greenville returns home as they host Emmanuel College on Friday, February 28th at 7:00 PM in Hayes Gymnasium.