GAFFNEY, S.C. - North Greenville fell to the Limestone College Saints in four sets in a Friday night Conference Carolinas match-up (21-25, 21-25, 25-19, 14-25).
- Score: North Greenville – 1 / Limestone - 3
- Records: NGU 5-7, 2-3 CC / LC 3-9, 1-4 CC
- Location: Gaffney, South Carolina (Timken Center)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Limestone took a 5-3 lead early on in the set. The lead changed on five occasions before NGU went on a 4-0 run to take a 20-17 lead, but the Saint went on a 6-0 run to take a 23-20 lead. Ending the set in a 2-1 run to earn a 25-21 set win.
Both teams traded points to start of the set before Limestone took a narrow 11-7 lead. The Crusaders fought hard to come back, eventually tying the score at 21-21. Limestone went on to earn the final four points of the matching, getting a 25-21 victory, going up two sets to zero.
Being down two sets to none, the Crusaders knew they wouldn't go down without a fight as they went on a 3-1 run to start off the second set. Limestone would then fight back to take a 5-4 lead. After ten tied scores, the Crusaders went on a 9-2 run to take a 24-17 lead. North Greenville went on to win the third set 25-19.
After taking an early 6-4 lead, Limestone never looked back as they took a double-digit lead 22-12, before ending the match with a final 25-14 set win.
INSIDE THE NGU BOX SCORE
- Kills: McManaway (12), Lawrence (10)
- Assists: Boldog (32)
- Digs: King (11), Campbell (10), Boldog (9)
- Blocks: McManaway (3), Boldog (3)
INSIDE THE LC BOX SCORE
- Kills: Cenzual (18), Savage (16)
- Assists: Riley (34)
- Digs: Ruhm (20)
- Blocks: Loftus (4), Riley (3), Malone (3)
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Crusaders travel to King University on Tuesday, February 13th. First-serve against the Tornados is set for 7:00 PM.