TIGERVILLE, S.C. - North Greenville Men's Volleyball fell to the University of Mount Olive in four sets (18-25, 19-25, 25-23, 22-25).
- Score: NGU – 1 / Mount Olive – 3
- Records: NGU 5-6, 2-2 CC / UMO 5-3, 4-0 CC
- Location: Tigerville, SC (Hayes Gymnasium)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Trojans were off to a hot start as they took an early 6-2 lead. An attacking error by Grayson Lawrence put the Crusaders down 6-11 causing them to call their first timeout of the set. A service error by the Trojans and a kill by Grayson Lawrence helped the Crusaders cut into their deficit, but a kill by Bret Rutledge gave UMO a 25-18 victory.
Three attacking errors and a service error by the Crusaders gave the Trojans an early 5-1 lead, but NGU would go on a run of their own cutting UMO's lead to one, 6-7. Two attacking errors in a row by Aaron Campbell gave Mount Olive a 16-11 lead, forcing North Greenville to call a timeout. A kill by Eric Visgitis gave the Trojans a 25-19 set win, going up 2-0 for the match.
A 3-0 run early put the Trojans up 6-10, but the Crusaders fought back to tie it at 14-14 with a block solo by Jarvis Benito followed by a service ace from Jackson Gilbert taking their first lead of the day 15-14. UMO went on a 3-0 run to take the lead back, 19-18. An attacking error by Bret Rutledge and a service error by Jarvis Benito gave the Crusaders a 25-23 set win.
Trojans went on a 8-3 run to start the set. Another 4-0 run by UMO extended their lead to 4-12, before NGU went on a 3-0 run to cut into the defict 12-7. A 4-1 run by the Trojans extended the lead to 10-18. The Cruaders then went on a 7-1 run to cut the Trojans lead to two, 19-17. One last run by the Trojan gave them a 25-22 victory and a 3-1 match win.
INSIDE THE NGU BOX SCORE
- Kills: Gilbert (14), Hamsho (10), Lawrence (7)
- Assists: Boldog (37)
- Digs: King (6), Boldog (5)
- Blocks: Campbell (4), Boldog (4), Benito (4)
INSIDE THE UMO BOX SCORE
- Kills: Poole (17) , Rutledge (15), Monaghan (14)
- Assists: Yasalonis (46)
- Digs: Yasalonis (11), Monaghan (6), Donahue (6)
- Blocks: Visgitis (2), Yasalonis (2)
NEXT TIME OUT
- North Greenville travels to Limestone College on Friday, February 9th. First-serve against the Saints is set for 7 PM.