TIGERVILLE, S.C. - North Greenville lost to the defending Conference Carolinas Barton College in straight sets (23-25, 18-25, 27-29).
- Score: NGU – 0 / Barton – 3
- Records: NGU 5-5, 2-1 CC / BC 3-5, 3-0 CC
- Location: Tigerville, SC (Hayes Gymnasium)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Set one saw 15 tied scores and 4 lead changes as the Crusaders fell to the Bulldogs 25-23. NGU took an early 5-2 lead with a pair of aces by Jackson Gilbert. The Bulldogs went on a 4-0 run to tie it at 8-8. A kill by Angelos Mandilaris tied the score at 13-13. A service error by Grayson Lawernce gave BC a 22-21 lead. A final ball handling error by Jake Boldog ended the match for the Crusaders.
The Bulldogs led the whole time in the second set as the Crusaders hit .105 as a team for the set. Two service aces by Oscar Fiorentino gave BC a 17-11 lead. A kill by Ben Hamsho will bring the NGU within five, 15-20, but a kill by Justice Lord would give Barton a 25-18 victory, going up two sets to none.
Barton took an early 8-4 lead, but North Greenville fought back to tie it up at 8-8 before the Bulldogs went on another run to take a 13-10 lead. The Crusaders would then go on their own run to take a 21-18 lead with a block by Aaron Campbell and Matthew McManaway. A service error by Angelos Mandilaris would tie it up at 23-23. Two kills by Vasilis Mandilaris gave Barton the 29-27 set win and the match sweep.
INSIDE THE NGU BOX SCORE
- Kills: Gilbert (11), Lawrence (7), Campbell (6)
- Assists: Boldog (29)
- Digs: King (4), Campbell (4)
- Blocks: McManaway (3)
INSIDE THE BC BOX SCORE
- Kills: V. Mandilaris (14), A. Mandilaris (10)
- Assists: Fiorentino (41)
- Digs: Fiorentino (5), V. Mandilaris (4)
- Blocks: Leary (5), A. Mandilaris (4)
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Crusaders look to bounce back tomorrow as they host the University of Mount Olive at 2 PM in Hayes Gymnasium.