TIGERVILLE, S.C. - North Greenville men's volleyball came back from being down two sets to none to take a five-set thrilling win over Alderson Broaddus (24-26, 25-21, 25-22, 25-21, 15-13).
- Score: NGU – 3 / Alderson Broaddus - 2
- Records: NGU 4-4 / ADU 1-5
- Location: Tigerville, S.C. (Hayes Gymnasium)
How it Happened
- Set one saw 12 tied scores and 6 lead changes as Alderson Broaddus took a 26-24 victory. With the Crusaders up 4-2, the Battlers came back to tie it at 8-8 with a block by Myles Miller and Adreyune Husted. A kill by Jackson Gilbert brought NGU to within in two making the score 10-12. A kill by Jackson Gilbert gave the Crusaders a 23-21 lead late in the set. A block by Adreyune Husted and Chase Christiansen tied the set up at 24-24. Two final attacking erros by Jackson Gilbert gave ABU the set win.
- The Crusaders were off to a 9-7 start in the second set, thanks to a tough serving by Jackson Gilbert, but the Battlers came back to tie it at 9-9 with a bad set by Grayson Lawrence. A kill by Aaron Campbell tied the score at 14-14 before AUB took a 15-18 lead. A service error by Deon Vidal gave the Battles a 25-21 set victory, going up 2 sets to none.
- Being down two sets to none, the Crusaders were able to fight back from being down 5-0 early in the third set to take a crucial 25-22 set win. A block by Jackson Gilbert and Jarvis Benito gave NGU a 14-13 lead. Another block by Jarvis Benito and Jackson Gilbert increased the Crusaders lead to 23-19. Colton Youngblood gave NGU the final point of the set with an attacking error.
- North Greenville carried their momentum into the fourth set. With the score at 13-10, the Crusaders went on 7-1 run to take an 18-11 lead. The Battlers fought back to within 4 with a pair of service aces by Chase Christiansen, but a final service by Moses Kresch gave NGU the fourth set victory forcing a game five.
- After taking an early 4-8 lead in the fifth set, the Crusaders fought back to take a 9-8 lead with an attacking error by Jose Ramirez. kill by Ben Hamsho gave NGU the 15-13 set five victory, completing their comeback win.
Inside the NGU Box Score
- Jackson Gilbert led the Crusaders with 14 kills to go along with 6 blocks.
- Jake Boldog dished out 44 assists.
- Freshman Arlind Rojba led NGU defensively with 7 digs.
- The Crusaders had 26 service errors for the night.
Inside the ABU Box Score
- Francisco Caberea finished with 12 kills, while Jose Ramirez had 10.
- Adreyune Husted finished with 28 assists and 8 digs.
- Timothy McIntosh and Jose Ramirez also added 8 digs each.
Next Time Out
- North Greenville has a quick turn around as they host Lees-McRae College in Hayes Gymnasium at 3 P.M.