BLUEFIELD, VA- An impressive .443 hitting percentage helped the Crusaders defeat the Bluefield Rams in straight sets on Friday night (25-18, 25-15, 25-8).
- Score: NGU – 3 / Bluefield - 0
- Records: NGU 2-3 / BC 1-1
- Location: Bluefield, VA (Dome Gymnasium)
How it Happened
- Lead by a pair of blocks and a kill by Jackson Gilbert, the Crusaders took an early 5-1 lead to start off the match. The Rams were never able to string together more than three points, allowing the Crusaders to keep a five or more point lead for the whole set. A kill by Matthew McManaway, assisted by Jake Boldog, gave NGU a 25-18 opening set win. The Crusaders hit a game-high .476 and 13 kills in the first set.
- Two kills by Matthew McManaway and a block by Jake Boldog helped NGU to take an eight-point lead, 11-3 in set two. A kill by Aaron Campbell stopped the Rams only three-point run of the set bringing the score to 17-9. McManaway finished the set for the Crusaders with three final kills.
- The Crusaders dominated the final set of the night, not allowing the Rams to reach double-digit scoring. NGU was able to string together two five-point runs and one six-point run to win the set 25-8.
Inside the NGU Box Score
- Jackson Gilbert led all players with 13 kills hitting .476 for the match.
- Matthew McManaway hit an impressive .538 with 8 kills from just 13 attempts, along with 6 block assists.
- Jake Boldog dished out 23 assists.
Inside the Bluefield Box Score
- Alberto Chiaparini finished with 9 kills.
- Chaz Franqui led the Rams with 15 assists.
- Bluefield hit -o.056 for the night and had zero blocks.
Next Time Out
- North Greenville has a quick turn around as they stay on the road and head to Charleston (WV) tomorrow for a 2:00 pm start time.