NASHVILLE, TN- The Crusaders fell to the Lindenwood Lions in straight sets on the final day of the Grow the Game Challenge hosted by Off the Block (11-25, 22-25, 17-25).
- Score: NGU – 0 / Lindenwood – 3
- Records: NGU 1 – 3 / Lindenwood 2-0
- Location: Nashville, TN (Allen Arena)
How it Happened
- The Crusaders started the match with three attacking errors by Jackson Gilbert, giving the Lions an early 6-2 lead to start the match. Lindenwood would then go on an 11-0 run with the help of a couple kills by Sam Schindler to take a 21-7 lead. A final blocking error by Matthew McManaway gave the Lions a 25-11 first set win.
- With the second set tied at 4 apiece, the Lions went on a 3-0 run to take a 4-7. A kill by Jackson Gilbert assisted by Jake Boldog would bring the Crusaders to within one making the score 9-10, but once again the Lions managed to go on a run to take an 11-15 lead. Later on in the set, an attack error by Charley Hlavin brought the Crusaders to within one, 22-23, forcing the Lions to call a timeout. A service error by Jake Boldog and an attacking error by Ben Hamsho gave Lindenwood the final two points of the set.
- The first ten points of the third set saw five tied scored before Lindenwood took a 5-7 lead with a block by Sam Schindler and Charley Hlavin. A kill by Jake Boldog ended a 6-0 run for the Lions making the score 10-17. A service error by Luis Kannee ended the matching, giving Lindenwood a 25-17 third set win.
Inside the NGU Box Score
- Jackson Gilbert led all players with 13 kills hitting .207 for the match.
- Jake Boldog dished out 20 assists.
- Dustin King led the defense for the Crusaders with 8 digs.
Inside the Lindenwood Box Score
- Nathan Van Dellen led the Lions with 11 kills and 9 digs.
- Adam Brewster finished with 33 assists.
- The Lions hit .368 as a team for the match.
Next Time Out
- North Greenville continue their road swing, traveling to Bluefield on January 19. First-serve set for 5:00 pm.