Four top finishes mark successful weekend at Western Carolina
Cullowhee –North Greenville track & field brought home four top finishes and several PR’s this weekend in its final race before the Conference Carolinas Championships.
- Location: Cullowhee, North Carolina
- Meet: Beynon Sports Catamount Classic
- Host: Western Carolina University
How it Happened
- Adrian McGee continues to lead the Crusaders in the second half of the season, winning his second long jump competition in two weeks. McGee jumped a distance of 7.29-meters, earning him a first-place finish among athletes from all NCAA divisions. The jump was also an NCAA D-II provisional mark and a top-10 distance.
- Also turning in first place finishes were the men’s 4x100 and 4x400 meter relay teams.
- The team of JJ Sherman, Harold Hilton, Jordan Walters, and Tevin Richardson finished with a new school record and a top-5 Division II time as they stopped the clock in 40.77 in the 4x100.
- The same group finished the men’s 4 x 400 in 3:18.28, the top time among all NCAA divisions.
- Individually, JJ Sherman placed first in the men’s 100-meter dash, all while setting a new career best and NCAA D-II provisional mark. His time of 10.47 was also a top-10 D-II time.
- Harold Hilton and Austin Nobles added a pair of third-place
- finishes that were also personal records. Hilton finished third in the men’s 100-meter with a time of 10.65 while Nobles crossed in 35:02.27 in the men’s 10K.
- Jordan Walters finished 11th among all NCAA divisions in the men’s 400-meter with a time of 48.68which was a new personal best along with Raoul Hunt who finished the 400 in 52.18 for a new personal record.
- The men's team finished in third place among all teams.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders turn up the volume as they travel to back to Southern Wesleyan to run in the Conference Carolinas Championships hosted by Southern Wesleyan University.