First place finishes and personal bests mark solid weekend in Central
Central – Adrian McGee and Tevin Richardson take home first place finishes as NGU turns in an impressive performance at SWU.
- Location: Central, South Carolina
- Meet: Susan Rouse Invitational
- Host: Southern Wesleyan University
How it Happened
- Adrien McGee got things started for the Crusaders with a first-place finish in the men’s long jump. McGee brought home the gold in the men’s event with a distance of 6.94 – meters.
- Tevin Richardson claimed the familiar top spot in the men’s 200 – meter as he crossed the line in 21.82.
- JJ Sherman claimed the second spot in the race as he finished just behind Richardson with a time of 22.02 – seconds.
- The Crusaders also saw several personal records go down on Saturday including a new best for Raoul Hunt in the 400 and Naseem Robinson in the 100 – meter. Hunt finished with a time of 53.66 while Robinson crossed in 11.19.
- Tremon Bryant saw a new personal record in the men’s shot put, throwing it 10.91 – meters.
- Bennett Smith cruised to a new personal best in the 200 – meter as he broke the tape in 24.52 – seconds.
- Also getting in on the personal record action was Brooks Hovis and Austin Nobles. Hovis surpassed his previous best in the 800 – meter with a time of 1:57.57 while Nobles broke through with a time of 16:35.40.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders travel to Cullowhee, North Carolina to participate in the Beynon Sports Catamount Classic on April 13th and 14th.