Gaffney, SC – The 2017 men's soccer season came to an end as North Greenville fell 1-0 to the Limestone Saints in the quarterfinals of the Conference Carolinas Tournament. Limestone's defense proved to be too much as NGU was not able to get a shot off. James Max Miller had a solid night with six saves and only one goal allowed.
NGU's five wins are the most since 2011, North Greenville's first season in the Conference Carolinas. This year's team also scored 24 goals, the most since 2013 when 30 goals were scored.
- Score: North Greenville – 0 / Limestone – 1
- Location: Saints Field (Gaffney, SC)
- Records: NGU – 5-10-1, 3-6-1 CC / LC – 13-2-2, 9-0-1 CC
How it Happened
- Limestone struck quickly with a goal four minutes into the game, a header by Dimitri Ney with an assist by Kristian Moore-Cowel.
- In the second half, Max Miller was put to the test as all six of his saves came in the half.
The Good Guys
- James Max Miller - 6 Saves, 90 Minutes Played
- Marlon Evans, Lucas Gravely, Dillon Erkens, James Segovia - 90 Minutes Played
The Other Team
- Dimitri Ney - 1 Goal, 3 Shots, 2 Shots on Goal
- Kristian Moore-Cowell - 2 Shots, 2 Shots on Goal, 1 Assist