Banner Elk, N.C. – It was a night to forget in Banner Elk as North Greenville was shutout by Lees-McRae 8-0. The Bobcats put the match away early with five goals in the first half. They would score three more goals in the second half. The Crusaders recorded seven shots while the Bobcats recorded 33.
- Score: North Greenville – 0 / Lees-McRae – 8
- Location: Tate Field (Banner Elk, North Carolina)
- Records: NGU – 4-9-1, 3-6-1 CC / LMC – 9-4-3, 6-3-0 CC
How it Happened
- The Bobcats' first goal came in the seventh minute of the first half when Niklas Perslow scored off of a corner kick by Harvey McMorrow.
- Six minutes later, Lasse Pedersen scored the second goal for Lees-McRae with assists by Palle Jespersen and Pol Vassart.
- The third goal for the Bobcats came in the 26th minute of the first half by Tom Deeley. Nathan Watt and James Morgan were credited with assists.
- North Greenville recorded their first shot of the match in the 27th minute. It was by Kike Molina but was not on goal.
- Palle Jespersen scored the fourth and fifth goals for LMC. Tom Deeley and Nathan Watt recorded assists for both goals.
- Ten minutes into the second half, NGU goalie James Max Miller was pulled, and Noah Kendrick entered the game at goalkeeper.
- Two yellow cards were handed out midway through the second half; one to NGU's Cameron Ward and one to LMC's Dawson Christina.
- The Bobcats would go without a goal for the first 25 minutes of the second half, but struck again with 20 minutes remaining in the game when Taylor Gray scored an unassisted goal.
- Seven minutes later, Agustin Ortiz scored an unassisted goal of his own.
- Two minutes later, Johannes Oeksnevad would score the last goal of the match with assists by Taylor Gray and Zachary Clay.
The Good Guys
- Kike Molina - 3 Shots, 2 Shots on Goal
- Gareth Greene - 1 Shot, 1 Shot on Goal
- Evan Mills - 1 Shot, 1 Shot on Goal
- David Beccera - 1 Shot, 1 Shot on Goal
- James Max Miller - 4 Saves
- Noah Kendrick - 6 Saves
The Other Team
- Palle Jespersen - 2 Goals, 2 Shots, 1 Assist
- Tom Deeley - 1 Goal, 5 Shots, 2 Assists
- Taylor Gray - 1 Goal, 3 Shots, 2 Shots on Goal
- David Frederick - 6 Shots, 4 Shots on Goal
Next Time Out
- North Greenville will close out the regular season this Saturday at the University of North Georgia with a scheduled start time of 2:00 PM.