Olaloko's career night not enough as Abbey escapes with win
Tigerville, S.C. – A late second half surge for North Greenville fell short on Wednesday night as Belmont Abbey escaped with a 4-3 win over the Crusaders.
- Score: NGU – 3 / Belmont Abbey – 4
- Location: Pepsi Stadium (Tigerville, South Carolina)
- Records: NGU – 3-7-1 (2-4-1) / BAC – 8-2 (5-1)
How it Happened
- Belmont Abbey took a 2-0 lead in the first half with goals in the 11th and 19th minutes.
- North Greenville was scoreless until the second half when Ope Olaloko put the Crusaders on the board with first goal of the season.
- Olaloko then scored the equalizer 20-minutes later when he found the back of the net to make it 2-2.
- North Greenville then took the lead nine minutes later when none other than Olaloko scored on a pass from Dillon Erkens to make it 3-2.
- The Crusaders from up North Greenville University weren’t done though, scoring two goals including the go ahead and winning goal with just two minutes left on the clock.
The Good Guys
- Ope Olaloko led all scorers with three goals. It was his first career goal and hat trick.
- Dillon Erkens had NGU’s only assist.
- James Max Miller finished the night with five saves in net.
The Other Team
- Four different players score the Crusaders on Wednesday including Nando Morales and Julien Amraroli who scored the game tying, and game winning goals.
- BAC keeper Wes Holifield collected six saves.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will take on Chowan University at 2:30 pm in Murfeesboro, North Carolina on October 14th.