Tigerville, SC – In an interesting night in Tigerville that included four yellow cards and a scoreboard malfunction, the Crusaders came close but were unable to complete the comeback against the Hawks of Shorter University.
- Score: North Greenville – 1 Shorter – 2
- Location: Tigerville, SC
- Records: NGU 2-6, 1-3 CC / SU 3-6, 2-2 GSC
How it Happened
- Shorter wasted no time. In the second minute of the first half, Mattia Pace scored the opening goal with an assist by Jimmy Cano.
- The Hawks closed the first half with a bang when Jordan Etsio scored an unassisted goal by way of a penalty kick with one minute to go.
- Three yellow cards were issued in the first 30 minutes of the second half. Nick Roberson of North Greenville was charged with one while Shorter's Federico Cordiano and Jared Wishard were both charged.
- With fifteen minutes to go in the game, Gareth Greene got the Crusaders back into the game with a goal. He was assisted by Nick Roberson and Chris Inman.
- A yellow card charged to Luis Vazquez in the final minute of the second half gave the Hawks their third yellow card of the match.
- North Greenville was able to get one last shot off of a free kick, but was blocked by Shorter and ended the chance of an NGU comeback.
The Good Guys
- Keletso Mathathe and Gareth Greene led the Crusaders in shots with three a piece with one of Greene's shots resulting in a goal.
- Kike Molina recorded two shots of his own.
- James Max Miller played the entire match at goalie but did not record a save.
The Other Team
Next Time Out
- NGU will face conference opponent Erskine College this Saturday in Tigerville at 4:30 PM.