Franklin Springs, GA – The Crusaders' winning streak came to an end with a 2-0 loss to the Emmanuel Lions. NGU was able to record 13 shots in the match, but none resulted in a goal. Six yellow cards were issued in the match with three going to both teams.
- Score: North Greenville – 0 Emmanuel – 2
- Location: Franklin Springs, GA
- Records: NGU 2-5, 1-3 CC / EC 2-3-2, 2-0-1 CC
How it Happened
- Emmanuel got on the board in the 6th minute of the match with a penalty kick by Danny Cameron which resulted in a goal.
- NGU's first shot came from Ope Olaloko, a header that went wide right of the goal.
- The Lions struck again in the 29th minute with a goal by Val Evans with an assist by Nico Becker.
- In the 30th minute, Lucas Gravely was charged with a yellow card. James Segovia was charged with one less than a minute later.
- Emmanuel was charged with a yellow card of their own when Michael Williams Jr. received one in the 38th minute.
- Deibyd Contreras was also charged with one in the first half to give the Lions their second yellow card.
- EC continued to be aggressive, recording five shots within the first ten minutes of the second half.
- David Beccera, Dillon Erkens, Kike Molina were able to record a shot midway through the second half.
- In the 69th minute, Channing Park received Emmanuel's third yellow card of the match.
- Soon after, Marlon Evans received North Greenville's third yellow card.
- Casey Brady and Gareth Greene recorded shots late in the half, but did not score a goal.
The Good Guys
- Gareth Greene led the way for NGU with three shots.
- Lucas Gravely, Dillon Erkens, Casey Brady, and David Beccera each recorded two shots.
- Both of Erkens' and Beccera's shots were on goal.
- James Max Miller recorded eight saves.
The Other Team
Next Time Out
- North Greenville returns home to face the Hawks of Shorter University on Tuesday at 7:00 PM.