Tigerville, S.C. – The North Greenville Crusaders opened up conference play against the Warriors of Southern Wesleyan. Although Nick Roberson scored his first goal of the season, the Crusaders ultimately fell to the Warriors with a final score of 3-1.
- Score: NGU – 1 SWU – 3
- Location: Tigerville, South Carolina
- Records: NGU 0-3 / SWU 1-2
How it Happened
- Southern Wesleyan struck early in the first period when Grant Kiker scored his first goal of the season in the fifth minute.
- In the 39th minute of the first period, NGU tied the game when Nick Roberson scored his first goal of the season.
- Kiker broke the tie and scored his second goal of the game with an assist by Sergio Tarpia early in the second period.
- Late in the second period, Kiker would complete the hat trick with a third goal with an assist by Sebastian Castro.
The Good Guys
- Nick Roberson scored his first goal of the season.
- James Max Miller recorded three saves in the game.
The Other Team
- Grant Kiker had a night to remember with three goals scored.
- Sergio Tarpia and Sebastian Castro both recorded an assist.
- Marcel Joseph, Marshall Ball, and Alex Olson were charged with a yellow card. David Chakar received two yellow cards, which resulted in a red card.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will head to Gaffney Wednesday to face the Limestone Saints at 7:30 PM.