Tigerville, S.C. – Men's soccer dropped their second game of the season in a weather-shortened game Tuesday night to Florida Southern. After lightning delayed the start of the game, the teams were able to play the required 70 minutes to make the game official.
- Score: NGU – 1 CN – 3
- Location: Tigerville, South Carolina
- Records: NGU 0-2 / CN 2-0
How it Happened
- The Mocs of Florida Southern scored the first goal of the game when Rene Rivera scored his first goal of the season with an assist by Christoph Gums near the twenty minute mark in the first period.
- Rivera came through again in later in the first period with his second goal of the game with an assist by James Smith.
- A lightning delay near the thirty minute mark stopped play for approximately an hour and a half.
- The Mocs went up 3-0 when Edward Spansk connected for a goal with another assist by James Smith.
- North Greenville scored their first goal of the season several minutes before the game was called when Lucas Gravely came through with an unassisted goal.
The Good Guys
- Lucas Gravely put North Greenville on the board with his second goal of his college career at NGU.
The Other Team
- Rene Rivera scored on two of his three shots.
- James Smith finished the game with two assists.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will enter conference play this Saturday when the Warriors of Southern Wesleyan University come to Tigerville.