Crusaders upended by Carson-Newman in season opener
Tigerville, S.C. – Men’s soccer opened up the 2017 season on Saturday afternoon with a 3-0 loss to Carson-Newman College.
- Score: NGU – 0 CN – 3
- Location: Tigerville, South Carolina
- Records: NGU 0-1 / CN 1-0
How it Happened
- Carson Newman got on the board early in the game when Jonny Le Quesne scored less than four minutes into the game.
- The Crusaders looked to even the score in the fourth minute but a shot from Dillon Erknes sailed wide of the net.
- The Eagles fired off several more shots in the opening 45, but NGU’s defense was able to keep the game at just a one-point deficit at halftime.
- An aggressive CN offense eventually tacked on a pair of goals in the second half while holding the Crusaders scoreless. The Eagles found the net in the 62nd minute and the 76th minute to take the non-conference win over the Crusaders.
The Good Guys
- James Max Miller faced five shots on goal and collected two saves on the day.
The Other Team
- Tom Read led all players with two scores on the day with five total shots.
- Jonny Le Quesne accounted for the Eagles’ third score.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will take on Florida Southern College at 6:30pm on Tuesday night in Tigerville.