North Greenville falls to Mount Olive on "Senior Day"
Tigerville – North Greenville lacrosse dropped a tough loss to Mount Olive on Saturday afternoon on “Senior Day”.
- Score: Crusaders – 5 / Trojans 0 – 8
- Records: North Greenville 6 – 7 (2 – 2) / Mount Olive 10 – 4 (3 – 1)
- Location: Pepsi Stadium (North Greenville University)
How it Happened
- Jacob Bell for UMO and Hunter Burgett for NGU traded first period goals to make it 1 – 1.
- Mount Olive then jumped out to a two-goal lead with back-to-back scores from Thatcher Clark, which gave the Trojans a 3 – 1 edge over the Crusaders.
- Matt Somjak ended a 15 – minute scoring drought for North Greenville with a goal that cut Mount Olive’s lead to 3 – 2 with an assist from Austin Dixon.
- UMO answered with a pair of scores though, grabbing a 5 – 3 lead at intermission. The Crusaders got one more first-period goal from Chris Carpenter which made it 4 – 3 at the time.
- North Greenville fell behind 7 – 3 in the third quarter after two unanswered scores from the Trojans.
- Carpenter’s second of the game cut the deficit to 7 – 4 with 2:31 left on the third-period timer. Ethan Landreth added a goal in the third as well which made it 7 – 5 heading into the fourth.
- Neither offense was able to produce much in the way of scoring in the fourth quarter. North Greenville got off some shots in the fourth period but had nothing to show for it.
- UMO tacked on one more 10:37 left in the game and clamped down defensively to preserve the win.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Chris Carpenter led the Crusaders with a pair of goals on six shots.
- Hunter Burgett finished his final home game in Tigerville with one score while Matt Somjack tacked on a score. Ethan Landreth scored for NGU as well.
- Logan Bryant led North Greenville with five groundballs while Jaren Szafranski had four grounders and two caused turnovers.
- Braeden Dixon finished the day with 11 – saves.
Next Time Out
- North Greenville travels to Belmont, North Carolina to take on Belmont Abbey College at 3:30 on April 18th.