Tigerville, SC - North Greenville took Lynn to overtime, but ultimately fell short thanks to a game-winning goal by the Fighting Knights in the final minute of the overtime period to win 11-10.
- Score: Crusaders - 10 / Knights - 11 (1 Overtime)
- Records: North Greenville 4 - 3 / Lynn - 5 - 1
- Location: Pepsi Stadium (Tigerville, S.C.)
How it Happened
- The Crusaders got off to a hot start, scoring four unanswered goals in the opening quarter.
- Alex Proly broke the scoreless tie less than five minutes into the first quarter and scored once more three minutes later. Chris Carpenter also got in on the action with a pair to help NGU to a 5 - 3 lead headed to the second period.
- Lynn inched closer to North Greenville with a goal at 12:17 to make it 5 - 4. The Knights got a one-timer from Xander Cosenza to even it at five.
- The Knights scored the go-ahead goal with 6:56 left before halftime to lead 6 - 5 at intermission.
- Austin Dixon got NGU's offense back up and running in the early moments of the third with his goal at 13:41 which evened it at six.
- North Greenville then took the lead on Alex Proly's score at the 8:13 mark but the Knights responded with three unanswered to take a 9 - 7 lead as the game headed into the fourth quarter.
- North Greenville responded. Ethan Landreth got the rally started with a score while Blake Thompson followed, taking a pass from Alex Proly to make it 9 - 9.
- The go-ahead goal came six minutes later when Austin Dixon launched from the left side of the goal to give NGU a 10 - 9 lead.
- The lead lasted less than a minute less than a minute as Nick McCabe scored with 4:27 left, eventually sending the game into overtime.
- Both teams had chances early in the overtime period to score but neither could capitalize. Both defenses were able to force turnovers before Lynn gained possession with 2:02 left in the game, eventually scoring with 26-seconds left on the clock to take the win.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Austin Dixon and Alex Proly led the Crusaders with three goals each.
- Chris Carpenter added a pair of scores while Proly also had a pair of assists.
- Braeden Dixon had 10-saves on the day in the net.
Next Time Out
- North Greenville travels to Greensburg, Pensylvania to take on Seton Hill University at 1 pm.