North Greenville moves to 2-0 for first time in program history
Tigerville, S.C. - North Greenville secured the first 2-0 start in program history on Saturday with a 12-6 win over Coker College.
- Score: NGU - 12 / Coker - 6
- Records: North Greenville 2 - 0 / Coker 0 - 1
- Location: North Greenville University (Pepsi Stadium)
How it Happened
- Austin Dixon and Ethan Landreth put the Crusaders up 2-0 early on the first period before Coker tacked on its first goal of the game.
- North Greenville outscored the Cobras 4-2 down the final stretch of the first half, including a score from Austin Dixon at the final tick of the clock to take a 6-3 edge into halftime.
- Coker struck first in the third period when Brooks Long scored at the 13:55 mark to make it 6-4.
- The two squads traded goals in the final minutes of the third, sending the game to the fourth with NGU leading 7-5.
- The Crusaders gained control in the final period with three consecutive scores. Austin Dixon scored first followed by Ethan Landreth and Alex Proly to put NGU up 10-5. Chris Carpenter tacked on a pair of assists as well.
- Coker tacked on one more goal with 10:23 left but Austin Dixon and Matt Miller put the exclamation point on the day with back-to-back scores to secure the non-conference victory.
Inside the North Greenville Box Score
- Austin Dixon finished the day with a game-high five goals while Ethan Landreth had four.
- Braeden Dixon finished the day with four saves and improved to 2-0 on the season as the starting goalie.
- Logan Bryant went 15 of 21 in the faceoff circle for the Crusaders.
Inside the Coker Box Score
- Ethan Irizarry led the Cobras with two goals.
- Justin Hopkins added a goal and assists while goalie Chris Hagy finished with 14-saves on 26, total shots for the Crusaders.
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will host Queens University on February 17th at 1 pm.