Crusaders wrap up day one at NCAA Southeast Regional
Conover – North Greenville men’s golf shot a team total 304 in the first round of the NCAA Southeast Regional at the Rock Barn Golf Club on Monday afternoon.
- Team Score: 304 (First Round)
- Top Individuals: Evan Gfeller / Austin Duncan / Seth Robertson (74 – Round One)
- Location: Rock Barn Golf Club (Conover, North Carolina)
- Host: Lenoir-Rhyne University
How it Happened
- Evan Gfeller and Austin Duncan paced the Crusaders and finished tied with the team’s best score with a 74 through 18 total holes.
- The pair had a near identical round with both finishing with two birdies and 12 parred holes. Gfeller finished one under on holes three and 12 while Duncan birdied the 14th and 17th.
- Also finishing with a round one 74 is Chase Fisher. Fisher birdied both the 4th and 18th holes and also turned in an even score on 12 of his 18 holes.
- Josiah Ledford finished fourth on the team and eight strokes behind the leading three with a round one score of 82. Ledford birdied the eighth hole and finished par on six of his 18 holes played.
- Rounding out NGU’s round one scores is Seth Robertson who shot a day one 83. Robertson turned in a one-under on each of the fifth and 17th holes and finished the round with eight pars.
Next Time Out