Snow Hill – Evan Gfeller and Seth Robertson battled for the league’s individual title on Tuesday, in turn leading the Crusaders to their first-ever Conference Carolinas championship in men’s golf.
- Team Score: 288 / 291 / 304 (883)
- Top Individuals: Evan Gfeller (72 / 69 / 75 – 216)
Top Individuals: Seth Robertson (72 / 74/ 70 - 216)
- Location: Cutter Creek Country Club (Snow Hill, North Carolina)
- Host: Barton College
How it Happened
- Gfeller and Robertson finished the day tied for second place, finishing the three-day event with 216 total strokes.
- Gfeller finished wrapped up the week with a 75 while Robertson tacked on a 74. Robertson shot a 72 and 70 during the first two rounds. The low round of the tournament belonged to Gfeller who carded a 69 on Monday.
- Chase Fisher finished the week in a tie for 11th place after carding the lowest day three round of any NGU golfer. Fisher shot a 73 in his final round and finished with a total of 224.
- Austin Duncan finished tied for 14th, capping his tournament with an 82. He finished with a three day total of 227.
- Josiah Ledford rounded out North Greenville’s scores with an 83 in his final trip. Ledford finished the tournament in 39th with a total of 243.
Top Five Teams
- North Greenville
- Barton College
- Limestone College
- Belmont Abbey College
- Southern Wesleyan
Top Individual Finishes
- Eric Shea – 215 [Southern Wesleyan]
- Evan Gfeller – 216 [North Greenville]
Seth Robertson – 216 [North Greenville]
- Nick Stafford – 217 [Belmont Abbey]
- Will Woodard – 220 [Limestone College]
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders now have their sites on a national championship as they gear up for the NCAA Southeast Regional hosted by Lenoir-Rhyne in May.