NGU finishes 11th at Kiawah
Kiawah Island, S.C. - North Greenville men's golf placed 11th this week at the Newberry Intercollegiate in Kiawah Island, South Carolina.
- Finish: T-11th out of 19 teams
- Location: The Ocean Course (Kiawah Island)
- Host: Newberry College
- Team Score: 305 / 298 / 305 (908)
How it Happened
- Evan Gfeller bounced finished first on the team and in a tie for 27th overall after shooting a 225. Gfeller shot a 72 in round one but struggled on the second time around the track to shoot an 83. His final round 70 was enough to finish one stroke ahead of NGU's 2nd place team finisher.
- Austin Duncan took the number two spot after a three-round total of 226. Duncan shot a 77, 70, and 79 to wrap up his best finish as a collegiate golfer in 30th.
- Seth Robertson and Chase Fisher finished 53rd and 66th overall with scores of 231 and 234. Robertson shot a 75, 76, and 80 while Fisher rolled in an 81 on day one followed by a 76 and 77.
- Josiah Ledford rounded out NGU's finishers with a 75th place finish and a three-round total of 238. Ledford shot an 83 in round one but improved to shoot a 76 and finished with a 79.
- Columbus State
- South Carolina Aiken
- Newberry College
- Barton College
- Oklahoma State
- Gideon Van Der Vyver (Columbus State)
- Jordan Doull (Columbus State)
- Vincent Norman (Georgia Southwestern)
Axel Ostensson (South Carolina at Aiken)
- Zach James (Southeast Oklahoma State)
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will stick around Greenville to play in the Southern Tide Classic at Green Valley Country Club on March 5th.