Jacksonville, FL—North Greenville men’s golf teed off the 2018 portion of its schedule this week with a sixth place finish at the Kickoff Classic at Fleming Island Golf Club.
- Finish: 6th out of 17 teams
- Location: Fleming Island Golf Club (Jacksonville, Florida)
- Host: King University
- Team Score: 290 / 283 / 292 (865)
How it Happened
- Evan Gfeller turned in team’s best finish with team-low 213. Gfeller shot 67 / 72 / 74 to finish in a tie for fourth place.
- Seth Robertson turned in NGU’s only other top 25 finish with a 217 (76 / 69 / 72) three-round total, good enough to finish in 23rd. Robertson was NGU’s biggest mover, shaving off seven strokes from his first round total.
- Austin Duncan finished 32nd with a three-round total of 220 while Josiah Ledford shot a 221 for a 38th place finish.
- Chase Fisher rounded out the NGU scores with a 223 and an even finish at 48th.
Top Team Finishes
- Lincoln Memorial
- Carson Newman
- North Greenville
Top Individual Finishes
- Juan Iturra (Flagler)
- Jake Headrick (Carson-Newman)
Levi Kettelhut (Belmont Abbey)
- Evan Gfeller (Four Others)
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders travel to Kiawah Island to play in the annual Newberry Intercollegiate on February 19th.