Gfeller's second win leads NGU to fourth place finish
Morganton, N.C. – North Greenville wrapped up the 2017 fall season on Tuesday night with a fourth place finish at the Donald Ross Intercollegiate.
- Finish: 4th / 13
- Location: Mimosa Hills Golf and Country Club (Morganton, North Carolina)
- Team Score: (Three Rounds) 290 / 291 / 295 (876)
How it Happened
- Evan Gfeller won his second tournament of the fall this week and his third top-10 finish. Gfeller led from the opening round to Tuesday’s final with two rounds under 70, including a 69 and a 66. He finished the tournament with a 72 and a total of 207.
- Austin Duncan continued to prove why he is one of the top freshmen in Conference Carolinas with yet another top 20-finish. Duncan finished 17th in his first three-round collegiate tournament with scores of 75, 71, and 73 for a total of 219.
- Chase Fisher finished in the top-25 for the Crusaders with a total of 222 (70 / 77 / 75) while Seth Robertson finished 57th with a 231 (76 / 77 / 78).
- Alex Parker rounded out NGU’s finishers with a finish of 43rd. Parker shot a 79, 78, and 75 for a three round total of 232.
Top Five Teams
- Newberry College
- Belmont Abbey College
- Lenoir-Rhyne University
- North Greenville University
- Coker College
Top Five Individuals
- Evan Gfeller (North Greenville)
- Ben Thompson (Newberry)
- Spencer Skiff (Newberry)
- Harry Bolton (Newberry)
- Levi Kettelhut (Belmont Abbey) / Kodey Popplewell (Milligan College)
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders have a long break coming up before returning to the course on February 12th for the Spring Kickoff in Jacksonville, Florida.