Conover, N.C. – North Greenville men’s golf tacked on a third top-five finish this week, carding a third-place finish at the NCAA Division II Southeast Regional Preview
- Finish: 3rd / 16
- Location: Rock Barn Golf and Spa (Conover, North Carolina)
- Team Score: (Two Day) 297 / 283 (580)
How it Happened
- Evan Gfeller paced the Crusaders with a sixth-place finish. He shot a 74 on day one and improved five strokes on day two with a 69.
- Austin Duncan turned in the only other top-10 finish for the Crusaders, closing out the tournament in ninth. Duncan shot a 76 on day one, but shaved off eight strokes in round two, to shoot a 68.
- Chase Fisher finished the tournament in 22nd place with a two-day total of 144. Fisher shot a 71 in round one and followed it up with a 76.
- Seth Robertson and Josiah Ledford finished the week in 33rd and 58th. Robertson shot a 76 and a 73 while Ledford shot an 81 in round one but rebounded for a 71 on Tuesday.
Outside the Box Score
- Evan Gfeller turned in his second top-10 finish of the fall with including his first-place finish in his first showing of the season.
- Austin Duncan continued his solid freshman campaign with a second top-10 finish but this week’s 9th place score was his best thus far.
Top Five Teams
- Barton College
- Belmont Abbey
- North Greenville
- Lincoln Memorial
- Coker College
Top Five Individuals
- Nick Stafford (Belmont Abbey)
- Bryson Boyette / Justin Plane (Barton College)
- Matt Elliot (North Georgia) / Evan Gfeller (North Greenville)
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will wrap up the 2017-fall season at the Donald Ross Intercollegiate in Morganton, North Carolina on October 16th.