Bristol, TN—Evan Gfeller posted the tournament’s best individual score while North Greenville men’s golf earned the overall tournament victory with a two-day total of 562, four strokes ahead of the second place finisher Southern Wesleyan.
- Finish: 1st / 10
- Location: Bristol Country Club (Bristol, Tennessee)
- Team Score: (Two Day) 285 / 277 (562)
How it Happened
- Evan Gfeller teed off his final season as Crusader in style as the tournament’s individual champion. Gfeller turned in two solid rounds of golf, carding a 68 and a 65 to finish with a two-day total of 133.
- Gfeller defined the phrase “finish strong” this week, rattling off three consecutive birdies on 15, 16, and 17 to help propel the Crusaders to the title.
- Seth Robertson also had a solid first showing as he reeled in the fourth place finish. Robertson shot a 70 on day one but improved on his total by two strokes on Tuesday to card a 68.
- Austin Duncan and Chase Fisher were next on the line-up for NGU with 19th and 22nd place finishes. Duncan shot a 74 and a 71 while Fisher stayed consistent, shooting a 73 on both days.
- Josiah Ledford finished 40th for the tournament with 77 and a 75 for a total of 152.
Top Five Teams
- North Greenville
- Southern Wesleyan
- King (T-4th)
- Belmont Abbey (T-4th)
- Gfeller brought home the individual title for NGU while Alex Summers of King University finished second. Summers shot a 73 on day one but turned in an impressive performance on day two, shaving off nine strokes to shoot a 62.
- King’s Robert Wilkinson was the third place qualifier with a two-day total of 137 while NGU’s Seth Robertson brought home fourth.
- Giacomo Cavadini of Erskine rounded out the top five, shooting a 68 and a 71 for a total of 139.
Next Time Out
- North Greenville will travel to the coast to play in the Myrtle Beach Intercollegiate on October 2nd at the Lion’s Paw Golf Club.