Crusaders finish third at conference championships
Concord, N.C. – The 2017 cross country season came to a close for the NGU men on Friday with a third-place finish at the Conference Carolinas Championships.
- Finish: 3rd / 8
- Location: Concord, North Carolina
- Host: Conference Carolinas
How it Happened
- Ben Sessions earned a ninth place for the Crusaders to lead the team. He broke the tape in 26:37.6 to turn in NGU’s only top-10 finish of the day.
- North Greenville got a pair of top 20-finishes from Brooks Hovis and Jonathan Keller. Hovis finished in 15th for NGU with a time of 27:07.1 while Keller was 18th with a time of 27:26.8.
- Logan Childs finished in the top 25 with a time of 28:03.9, putting him in 23rd.
- Trey Steward and Dominic Powell finished 29th and 30th with times of 28:41.3 and 28:42.7.
- Austin Nobles crossed the finish line in 29:41.5 while Jacob Grigg turned in a time of 30:46.2.
- Ben Sessions
- Brooks Hovis
Quote From The Coach
- "Our men ran EXTREMELY well today. By far our best team performance of the season. Honestly, today was one of the best team performances that we've had in years. We had a strategy going into today's race, and they executed it beautifully. They ran tough, and we came up just short of a 2nd place team finish. Today's conference race was a huge improvement over the past few years.I'm excited to see these men get to race 10K with the best DII teams in the Southeast in two weeks. I can't say enough about these men, and what they have done for the future of this program. One of our main goals for this year was to "change the culture" of this program. These men have done exactly that. They've laid a foundation and set a standard for the future of this program. I am truly grateful for that."
Team Finish Order
- Mount Olive
- North Greenville
- Belmont Abbey
- Southern Wesleyan