Greenville, S.C. – The Crusaders finished fifth out of nine teams from all divisions and third among Division II schools at the Gene Mullin Cross Country Invitational hosted by Furman University.
- Finish: 5th of 9 (3rd of 7 Division II teams)
- Location: Greenville, South Carolina
- Host: Furman University
How it Happened
- Ben Sessions was once again atop the NGU standings and the only top-20 finisher for the Crusaders. Sessions clocked in, in 16:24.43 minutes, good enough for an overall finish of 16th.
- Brooks Hovis finished the weekend in the top 25 for North Greenville. His time of 16:31.58 earned him the 22nd position out of 73-runners.
- Logan Childs tacked on a top-30 finish with a time of 16:47.45 while Jonathan Keller finished with a time of 17:33.81.
- Dominic Powell clocked in at 17:39.99 while Trey Steward was 48th with a time of 17:40.21.
- Adam Grigg finished with a time of 18:47.99 while Austin Nobles broke the tape at 19:08.87.
From Coach Stober
- “Today definitely wasn't our best performance as a team. If anything, it was a bit of a wake up call for us as we look to conference in two weeks. We will use this as motivation moving forward, and we will be ready when it matters the most. These men and women have had an excellent season. We can't allow this one race to effect us more than simply using it as fuel moving forward. We've got two weeks to prepare for our biggest race of the season...conference. That has been and will continue to be our focus over the next two weeks. We will be ready.”
Next Time Out
- The Crusaders will look to keep their season alive with a trip to the NCAA regionals on the line as they gear up to take on the Conference Carolinas Championships on October 20th in Concord, North Carolina.